Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy One Month Bennett

"Married life is likened to single life as a long stanza of Whitman's is to the first phrase -- a continuation, but with the connection only fully appreciated after you've felt the whole piece. It is rich, as I have always known life to be, but richer in its complexities. What intimacy I have known outside of marriage is now hardly worthy of the name. The living-together-alone lessons that I have learned with Bill, Pete, and Ed are all of utmost significance in living with Betty, but none of them were such whole-hearted, enthusiastic "cooperators" as she is, indeed, as she has need to be. I never declared my love to them; with her, the affair is public.

We have committed ourselves to love each other and are publically at state to make good the commitment. I am finding it no effort."

The Journals of Jim Elliot

1 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

That makes me want to cry. I love it, and I'm happy for you guys!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home